- Published: 24 Dec 2020
The Providence Ministries for the Needy, Inc. Board of Trustees Announces the Appointment of Jennie Adamcyzk as Executive Director
The Board of Trustees is pleased to announce the unanimous decision to appoint Jennie Adamczyk to the position of Executive Director of Providence Ministries for the Needy, Inc. (PMN). Ms. Adamczyk joined PMN in May of 2019 as the Program Director and launched several successful initiatives: organized and conducted the Family Game Night; was an integral member of the team that led the Fashion for Compassion Event; and conducted marketing and community relations activities. Her dedication and commitment were recognized by leadership and she quickly was promoted to the position of Associate Director where she added the responsibility of overseeing housing sites, specifically Loreto House, Broderick House, and McCleary Manor.
In April of 2020, Ms. Adamczyk was appointed Interim Executive Director. This was not an easy time to step into this role as the State began to shut down all but essential programs due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Ms. Adamczyk skillfully worked with residents, the members of the community served by Kate's Kitchen and with her team to pivot operations in order to continue to serve pick-up, hot meals through Kate's Kitchen and to provide thousands of pounds of food through Margaret's Pantry. She also established safety precautions for the residents of the sober homes as well as for community members using PMN services and was able to keep our resident's and staff COVID -19 free throughout the spring and summer months.
Through all of these challenges, Ms. Adamczyk demonstrated her strengths in managing operations, building relationships, leading a team, and writing grants. But most importantly, it is evident that the mission of PMN lives in her heart. As the Chair of the Board of Trustees, I am confident that the future of PMN is in good hands. Please join me and the PMN Board of Trustees in congratulating Ms. Jennie Adamczyk, the new Executive Director of Providence Ministries for the Needy, Inc.
Kevin Ross, Chair
Board of Trustees
- Published: 07 Oct 2020
Providence Ministries, Inc. was founded in 1980 by Sr. Margaret McCleary, a member of the Sisters of Providence. Our mission is to nourish hope and rebuild lives through the provision of housing, food, clothes, culinary training, and recovery support. Our vision is to be a beacon of hope, a safe place for those who need help as well as an organization where volunteers are committed to helping others. We are part of the Sisters of Providence Ministry Corporation who has a 140 year history of providing healthcare and human services to those in need. We live out our mission and vision through a full range of programs providing food, clothing, housing and job training.
POSITION TITLE: Housing Manager (Full-Time)
REPORTS TO: Associate Director
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
To coordinate daily functions of the Housing Team in regards to operations and residents.
- To schedule room inspections and assist as needed.
- To plan, display colors, and communicate to RA’s for execution of random drug testing based on our color testing policy.
- To call and get residents admitted to Detox if they are willing and have relapsed.
- To create monthly housing schedule and post in the office.
- To track housing staff that have requested time off and be sure that there is appropriate coverage.
- To do resident interviews to establish if the applicant would be a good fit for our home.
- To do resident intakes or assign staff to do intakes on the day a resident moves in giving them all the information they need, a room key and signing all the appropriate forms.
- To do resident check in forms to find out how we can help residents meet goals and be a source of help and encouragement.
- To delegate tasks to other housing team members as needed such as cleaning, organizing and filing of information.
- To maintain resident confidentiality at all times.
- To do resident write ups if needed due to violation of handbook or breaking the rules.
- To plan and execute random drug testing at Broderick and McCleary with the assistance of all available staff.
- To fill out the weekly resident chore list on Friday and leave for the weekend staff to post on Sunday every week.
- To host monthly house meetings to explain changes or updates that may be happening that pertains to housing, field questions and concerns from residents and celebrate achievements.
- To run monthly housing staff meetings to check in with your RA’s, make adjustments, execute improvement plans and give positive and negative feedback.
- Experience in Sober Housing
- Experience with money/ budget management
- Experience managing personnel
- Genuine enthusiasm for the mission and values of Providence Ministries, Inc.
- Be in good physical condition, with ability to lift and carry a minimum of 20 pounds
- Able to maintain proper confidentiality for each resident
- Have a valid MA Driver’s License
- Mission-driven, values oriented person with high integrity and supportive of the mission and values of
- Providence Ministries and the founding values of the Sisters of Providence.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity in language and action;
- Excellent creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and generative resourcefulness
- Self-reliant, results-oriented, accountable
- Excellent management and supervisory skills with the ability to influence and engage others
Skills and Experience:
- Expert use of English grammar, punctuation, and syntax. Fluent in Spanish a plus
- Experience managing multiple projects, and effectively prioritizing while maintaining attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of the team.
- LDAC Certified Encouraged to Apply
Software qualifications, include:
- Microsoft Office Suite
Compensation: To be determined upon experience at conclusion of offer.
To Apply: Please forward cover letter, resume and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Providence Ministries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- Published: 17 Aug 2020
The event no one can come to but everyone can support!
Join us live on Facebook for special guests, entertainment, fun raffle prizes and more from 6-8pm!
Special thanks to our sponsors:
- Published: 10 Mar 2020
Join us for our Third Annual Fashion with Compassion fashion show to benefit Providence Ministries!
Gary Rome Hyundai, 150 Whiting Farms Road, Holyoke
Friday, May 8, 2020 6:00-10:00pm
For the 3rd year running, help us make it fashionable to be compassionate! Gary Rome is once again opening his doors and heart to the work of Providence Ministries. Cheer on ‘local celebrities’ like Gary & Jane Rome, Senator Eric Lesser, John Velis, Jim Leahy, Justin Roberts, and many, many more!
Doors open at 6!
The fun starts with a wine pull, a fantastic raffle, live auction preview and small plates by several local businesses, and ends with desserts by foodWorks. Stay for our fabulous fashion show, live auction, raffle pull, and DJ to dance the night away!
Ashley Kohl will emcee our night on the red carpet and lead our models down the runway.
On the Runway! 'Model' supporters of our life-saving work and true community partners. Help us cheer on: Senator Eric Lesser, John Velis, Jim Leahy, Justin Roberts, Gary & Jane Rome, and many more … and you will hear why they walk the runway to end hunger and homelessness and to support recovery.
Fashion with Compassion sponsors are:
SPONSORSHIPS are still available. Please inquire at email@example.com
Many thanks to our Special Events Committee for leading way: Kathleen Anderson, Community Benefits Manager, Holyoke Medical Center; Eileen Bresnahan, CIC, AAI, Bresnahan Insurance Agency, Inc.; Irene Costello, Marketing Manager, The Markens Group; Lynn McCarthy, Multi Screen Account Executive, Comcast Spotlight; Catherine Riley, Staff Accountant, Gary Rome Auto Group; Gary Rome, President, Gary Rome Auto Group; Lisa Wray, Director of Marketing, Holyoke Mall at Ingleside.
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO MAKE THIS EVENT POSSIBLE…EVERYONE DESERVES A CHANCE.
Page 1 of 4