- Published: 17 Nov 2020
You have the option to purchase a ticket for $25.00 or upgrade to specialty holiday themed packages! Upon getting your ticket, you will get a zoom link for the event. The night of Trivia open your zoom link and you will see a game code via KAHOOT! to play. Go to kahoot.com and enter that game code to play. The questions for the trivia will be on Zoom and the answers will be submitted on your phone via the Kahoot! website. This is an every man for themselves trivia so it could be fun to do as a family. Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Can't wait to see you there!
- Published: 07 Oct 2020
Providence Ministries, Inc. was founded in 1980 by Sr. Margaret McCleary, a member of the Sisters of Providence. Our mission is to nourish hope and rebuild lives through the provision of housing, food, clothes, culinary training, and recovery support. Our vision is to be a beacon of hope, a safe place for those who need help as well as an organization where volunteers are committed to helping others. We are part of the Sisters of Providence Ministry Corporation who has a 140 year history of providing healthcare and human services to those in need. We live out our mission and vision through a full range of programs providing food, clothing, housing and job training.
POSITION TITLE: Housing Manager (Full-Time)
REPORTS TO: Associate Director
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
To coordinate daily functions of the Housing Team in regards to operations and residents.
- To schedule room inspections and assist as needed.
- To plan, display colors, and communicate to RA’s for execution of random drug testing based on our color testing policy.
- To call and get residents admitted to Detox if they are willing and have relapsed.
- To create monthly housing schedule and post in the office.
- To track housing staff that have requested time off and be sure that there is appropriate coverage.
- To do resident interviews to establish if the applicant would be a good fit for our home.
- To do resident intakes or assign staff to do intakes on the day a resident moves in giving them all the information they need, a room key and signing all the appropriate forms.
- To do resident check in forms to find out how we can help residents meet goals and be a source of help and encouragement.
- To delegate tasks to other housing team members as needed such as cleaning, organizing and filing of information.
- To maintain resident confidentiality at all times.
- To do resident write ups if needed due to violation of handbook or breaking the rules.
- To plan and execute random drug testing at Broderick and McCleary with the assistance of all available staff.
- To fill out the weekly resident chore list on Friday and leave for the weekend staff to post on Sunday every week.
- To host monthly house meetings to explain changes or updates that may be happening that pertains to housing, field questions and concerns from residents and celebrate achievements.
- To run monthly housing staff meetings to check in with your RA’s, make adjustments, execute improvement plans and give positive and negative feedback.
- Experience in Sober Housing
- Experience with money/ budget management
- Experience managing personnel
- Genuine enthusiasm for the mission and values of Providence Ministries, Inc.
- Be in good physical condition, with ability to lift and carry a minimum of 20 pounds
- Able to maintain proper confidentiality for each resident
- Have a valid MA Driver’s License
- Mission-driven, values oriented person with high integrity and supportive of the mission and values of
- Providence Ministries and the founding values of the Sisters of Providence.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity in language and action;
- Excellent creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and generative resourcefulness
- Self-reliant, results-oriented, accountable
- Excellent management and supervisory skills with the ability to influence and engage others
Skills and Experience:
- Expert use of English grammar, punctuation, and syntax. Fluent in Spanish a plus
- Experience managing multiple projects, and effectively prioritizing while maintaining attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of the team.
- LDAC Certified Encouraged to Apply
Software qualifications, include:
- Microsoft Office Suite
Compensation: To be determined upon experience at conclusion of offer.
To Apply: Please forward cover letter, resume and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Providence Ministries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- Published: 24 Sep 2020
As Providence Ministries for the Needy, Inc. (PMN) enters its 40th year, the Board of Directors is excited to welcome Michael Brassard as the new Executive Director to take the helm and lead the organization into the future. The mission of PMN is to feed, clothe, and house the poor of the community.
Michael has a long history in the human service industry. He possesses a strong background in the management of spiritually based sober homes, recovery program development, crisis intervention, and is a licensed alcohol and drug counselor (LADC). He also has over a decade of experience in food service. His previous experience will be invaluable to continuing and advancing the important work of Providence Ministries at Loreto House, Broderick House, and McCleary Manor as well as at Margaret's Pantry, Kate's Kitchen and in the foodWorks Program.
Michael graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Massachusetts with a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Services Management. Prior to accepting this position, he served as the Director and then Managing Director of the Michael J. Dias Foundation. He also held the positions of Recovery and Housing Specialist, Outreach Coordinator, and Certified Trainer at Behavioral Health Network in Springfield, MA. Michael brings experience and a proven track record of success which will be invaluable in meeting the goals and objectives of PMN.
“I want to thank the Search Committee for their exhaustive work and their excellent result. We all look forward to Michael’s contribution to our mission,” said Kevin Ross, Board Chair.
Please join us in welcoming Michael to our community. Michael can be reached at 413-533-5909, ext. 113 or email him at email@example.com.
- Published: 17 Aug 2020
The event no one can come to but everyone can support!
Join us live on Facebook for special guests, entertainment, fun raffle prizes and more from 6-8pm!
Special thanks to our sponsors:
Page 1 of 4