- Published: 07 Oct 2020
Providence Ministries, Inc. was founded in 1980 by Sr. Margaret McCleary, a member of the Sisters of Providence. Our mission is to nourish hope and rebuild lives through the provision of housing, food, clothes, culinary training, and recovery support. Our vision is to be a beacon of hope, a safe place for those who need help as well as an organization where volunteers are committed to helping others. We are part of the Sisters of Providence Ministry Corporation who has a 140 year history of providing healthcare and human services to those in need. We live out our mission and vision through a full range of programs providing food, clothing, housing and job training.
POSITION TITLE: Housing Manager (Full-Time)
REPORTS TO: Associate Director
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
To coordinate daily functions of the Housing Team in regards to operations and residents.
- To schedule room inspections and assist as needed.
- To plan, display colors, and communicate to RA’s for execution of random drug testing based on our color testing policy.
- To call and get residents admitted to Detox if they are willing and have relapsed.
- To create monthly housing schedule and post in the office.
- To track housing staff that have requested time off and be sure that there is appropriate coverage.
- To do resident interviews to establish if the applicant would be a good fit for our home.
- To do resident intakes or assign staff to do intakes on the day a resident moves in giving them all the information they need, a room key and signing all the appropriate forms.
- To do resident check in forms to find out how we can help residents meet goals and be a source of help and encouragement.
- To delegate tasks to other housing team members as needed such as cleaning, organizing and filing of information.
- To maintain resident confidentiality at all times.
- To do resident write ups if needed due to violation of handbook or breaking the rules.
- To plan and execute random drug testing at Broderick and McCleary with the assistance of all available staff.
- To fill out the weekly resident chore list on Friday and leave for the weekend staff to post on Sunday every week.
- To host monthly house meetings to explain changes or updates that may be happening that pertains to housing, field questions and concerns from residents and celebrate achievements.
- To run monthly housing staff meetings to check in with your RA’s, make adjustments, execute improvement plans and give positive and negative feedback.
- Experience in Sober Housing
- Experience with money/ budget management
- Experience managing personnel
- Genuine enthusiasm for the mission and values of Providence Ministries, Inc.
- Be in good physical condition, with ability to lift and carry a minimum of 20 pounds
- Able to maintain proper confidentiality for each resident
- Have a valid MA Driver’s License
- Mission-driven, values oriented person with high integrity and supportive of the mission and values of
- Providence Ministries and the founding values of the Sisters of Providence.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity in language and action;
- Excellent creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and generative resourcefulness
- Self-reliant, results-oriented, accountable
- Excellent management and supervisory skills with the ability to influence and engage others
Skills and Experience:
- Expert use of English grammar, punctuation, and syntax. Fluent in Spanish a plus
- Experience managing multiple projects, and effectively prioritizing while maintaining attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of the team.
- LDAC Certified Encouraged to Apply
Software qualifications, include:
- Microsoft Office Suite
Compensation: To be determined upon experience at conclusion of offer.
To Apply: Please forward cover letter, resume and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Providence Ministries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.