Providence Ministries for the Needy, Inc., a mission-driven nonprofit organization serving the greater Holyoke community, is seeking an innovative and fast-paced Director of Development and Marketing. This Director will work in partnership with the CEO and members of the community to drive all fundraising and marketing activities. As the Director, you will be responsible for managing appeals, fundraising opportunities, monitoring the grants process and researching new grant opportunities, and recurring gifts. In addition, you will also be responsible for managing social media content, designing email communications strategies, organizing event committees, and executing grant-funded marketing deliverables.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, develop and implement a fundraising plan that maximizes contributions, builds relationships with current constituents, and creates new revenue streams;
- Identify and develop community and individual prospects for the organization's fundraising activities;
- Develop collateral materials, communication, marketing and public relations strategies;
- Engage with and leverage the Board of Trustees to cultivate donors, actively solicit contributions and advocate for the mission of the organization;
- Train and coach staff members and trustees in development activities;
- Promote a culture of philanthropy within the organization;
- Manage monthly reporting and annual grant contract renewals;
- Implement grant development and management activities and processes;
- Develop and implement comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization;
- Explore, evaluate and leverage emerging social media opportunities and tools to help strengthen branding, outreach and fundraising activities;
- Create and maintain action steps, timelines, goals and evaluation for all social media activities including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred;
- 5-7 years development and donor cultivation experience;
- Proven branding/ marketing experience;
- Knowledge of donor database management;
- Proven experience with social media and email marketing;
- Energy, integrity, and confidence to dive into new projects;
- Strategic thinking to set priorities and implement action plans;
- Experience with fundraising, event planning, grant/appeal writing, marketing and social media with demonstrated results;
- Interest and commitment to serving vulnerable populations with a lens of social justice consistent with the mission of Providence Ministries and the Sisters of Providence.
For immediate consideration, please send resume and cover letter to search firm United Personnel, attn: Abbie at email@example.com by 5:00pm on August 27, 2018.