- Published: 21 Jan 2020
Providence Ministries, Inc. was founded in 1980 by Sr. Margaret McCleary, a member of the Sisters of Providence. Our mission is to nourish hope and rebuild lives through the provision of housing, food, clothes, culinary training, and recovery support. Our vision is to be a beacon of hope, a safe place for those who need help as well as an organization where volunteers are committed to helping others. We are part of the Sisters of Providence Ministry Corporation who has a 140 year history of providing healthcare and human services to those in need. We live out our mission and vision through a full range of programs providing food, clothing, housing and job training.
POSITION TITLE: Development Consultant (1099 Contractual)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Development Consultant will work with the executive staff of Providence Ministries to expand revenue through prospect research and development activities based on annualized budgetary goals. The Development Consultant is responsible for developing and executing the Providence Ministries grants and associated reports, creating cultivation and stewardship strategies and assisting with events under guidance of the Executive Director. The Development Consultant will work with the Executive Director to enable participation across organization with staff and Board of Trustees.
- Create a strategy to conduct prospect research towards the creation of multi-faceted fundraising efforts
- Develop grants schedule, write and submit funding proposals and provide consult/ submit associated grant reports
- Create a major gifts program utilizing both current and prospective donors
- Create a fully functioning donor cultivation and stewardship program whereby all stakeholders play an active role in donor engagement
- Develop and solicit funds through planned giving, major giving and creative stewardship and cultivation strategies.
- Steward donors to enhance relationships and identify areas of funding interest
- Monitor trends in the community or region and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner
- Establish annual corporate fundraising strategies using Moves Management framework to correspond with prospects, including event sponsors
- Explore ways to re-engage lapsed donors
- Discover ways to expand annual giving, including matching gifts programs, volunteerism, planned giving, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 5-7 years development and donor cultivation experience
- Knowledge of donor database management
- Proven writing experience with grants and public relations
- Proven track record with donor solicitation
- Experience working with board development and support
- Mission-driven, values oriented person with high integrity and supportive of the mission and values of Providence Ministries and the founding values of the Sisters of Providence.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity in language and action;
- Excellent creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and generative resourcefulness
- Self-reliant, results-oriented, accountable
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interface with other professionals, board of trustees, staff, donors and the general public.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills with the ability to influence and engage others
- Knowledge of Moves Management principles and experience with major gift solicitations
- Experience with identifying and successfully applying for grant opportunities
- Familiarity with local funding community and service area (Greater Holyoke, MA) preferred.
Skills and experience:
- Substantial experience writing for development/fundraising, communications, media relations, or related field.
- Expert use of English grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Outstanding writing, editing, and proofreading skills, including “ghost writing“ ability.
- Mastery of best practices in proposal development, including understanding of branding and positioning strategies and how to use various communication channels.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Experience managing multiple projects, and effectively prioritizing while maintaining attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of the team.
Software qualifications, include:
- Basic Funder
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google systems, including Docs
Compensation: To be determined upon experience at conclusion of offer but shall reflect a 1099 contract status.
To apply: Please forward cover letter, resume and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Providence Ministries is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.